I guess by now I don't need to tell you what the major talking point of the travel and hospitality industry is, but the latest WorkSpaces by Hilton offer is certainly appealing. First time users can get 10,000 free Hilton Honors points so long as you book and complete your stay before 31st March 2021.
What are WorkSpaces by Hilton?
So a lot of us are working from home and a bit bored with our makeshift desk by now. Customers have historically been able to book rooms in many hotels on an ad-hoc day usage basis though this was quite a low key thing. Now with WorkSpaces being a formalised programme, this opens up the possibility for a private workspace should you need to do work with greater concentration or dealing with confidential matters.
Or maybe because you're suffering from travel nostalgia like me and just want to enjoy that clean hotel room smell another time… or just watch some TV channels which you don't usually get!
Currently the WorkSpaces locations are focussed around USA, Canada and the United Kingdom, though you can certainly book rooms in other countries with the same day for check in and check out and try your luck. You might not get the 10,000 first time users bonus points on those stays though.
How to book
VERY IMPORTANT: You will need to put in “DU” or “1DY” into the Special Rates tab, in the “Promotion/Offer Code” box, in addition to selecting the same day for check in/out.
To qualify for the 10,000 bonus points you need to book directly from hilton.com and not via 3rd party agencies.
The full list of participating hotels is here, along with the full Terms and Conditions
Well, obviously day-use of the room. If you really wanted to ruffle up the bed I guess you can! But the following is also advertised:
- First time users get 10,000 bonus Hilton Honors points (until 31st March 2021)
- Day-use room rates still earn the standard 10 Base Points/US$.
- At Home2 Suites by Hilton and Tru by Hilton Hotels this is a reduced 5 Base Points / US $ on eligible folio spend, and at Hampton by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, and Tru by Hilton hotels, “eligible folio spend” refers to room rate only.
- Standard Wi-Fi for all, and Premium Wi-Fi for Diamond members
- Silver, Gold and Diamond members get 2 bottles of mineral water
- Diamond members also get Executive Lounge access for themselves plus one guest.complimentary access to the Executive Lounge, even if that Member does not receive a room upgrade to a room type that includes access to the Executive Lounge.
Accelerate your way to Diamond Status
A few days ago I posted how you can get Diamond status with just 15 nights if you stay before the end of 2020. While not a new thing, the day-use counts as a night towards your tier qualification, so these Workspaces rates would put you a lot closer to your requirements.
Also remember that all other tiers qualification thresholds are reduced by 50%, so if you can still get Gold in 10 ‘nights' if you don't already hold Gold from other sources, such as credit cards.