Following the recent unveilings of the First and Club lounges at New York JFK, British Airways has just opened a new 665 square metre (7158sqft) lounge in San Francisco. If you're in the interior design industry you may be interested to learn that BA worked with British designers Graven and William Duff Architects. Artwork is provided by San Francisco local artists Bill Jacobsen, Doug Hall and Ruth Root.
In similar vein to BA's other lounges around the world there are floor-to-ceiling windows to brighten up the interior and give good views over the apron and runways.
The lounge is divided into zones. An area for relaxation (of course with a granite feature bar and a wide variety of drinks)…
An area for work with wifi printing facilities…
And a main seating area with deli bar.
Helpfully BA has provided a 360 degree interactive video which may be the closest we get to ‘try before you buy'…
and also a press video on Youtube:
As you can imagine the San Francisco – London city pair is amongst the world's busiest premium traveller routes given the tech hubs on either side of the Atlantic. This latest opening is now the fifth lounge to open under the newest design concept after the aforementioned lounges in New York, but also Rome and Aberdeen. Next up will be Johannesburg and later on there will be new openings in Geneva, Chicago and London Heathrow. All this in addition to the A350 with the new Club Suite arriving at the end of July.
For the airline’s customers traveling in First Class there is an extra, exclusive Boutique Dining room where passengers get to try out the following menu:
Selection from the Charcuterie Board
- Busseto Prosciutto, Chorizo El Ray, Olli Salumeria Salame,
- Columbus Coppa
- Mitica Drunken Goat, Esperanza Manchego, Don Juan Mahon
- Served with Marcona Almonds, Marinated Olives, Cornichons, Sourdough Toast and Fallot Grain Mustard
- Garden Vegetable, Lemon Orzo Chicken
- Seafood Cioppino with Shrimp, Scallops, Sea Bass, Haricot Vert and Rouille
- Rigatoni with Heirloom Cherry Tomato Sauce, Ricotta and Parmesan
- Add Grilled Chicken, Shrimp or Scallops
- Mini Vine Roasted Peppers, Grilled Local Shiitake Mushrooms, Marinated Heirloom Tomatoes, Hummus Warm Pita
- Blackberry Granola Yogurt Parfait
- Laura Chenel, Goat Cheese, Sonoma County CA,
- Bellwether Farms Point Reyes Blue Cheese, San Andreas, CA
- Fresh Pita Crisps, Fig Spread
As of the time of writing, using the Low Fares Finder, business class fares to San Francisco are around £1554 from London (this can be further reduced to £1346 if you start from Paris!) and £2756 in first class.