British Airways just launched a great redemption sale – one of the best I've seen in a while. In short, 50% off the Avios required for long haul redemptions in any cabin, and 25% for short haul.
You will still need to pay taxes, fees and surcharges but this is a significant saving. You could boost the value of your 2-4-1 vouchers under these circumstances too. The reduction of Avios should be shown immediately on the booking page. You can see how many Avios are normally required on the Avios Spending Calculator, and just take half of the listed price.
You will need to book on ba.com by 13 October 2020, and travel by 30 June 2021. This is quite a generous travel window. Obviously you should keep an eye on any news and take necessary precautions. You should always check only official sources for information on travel restrictions and any requirements in health testing prior to travel.
While Covid-19 restrictions are in place BA have their Book With Confidence programme which allows you to change your flights without charges other than any fare difference.
In addition, the airline has implemented measures to allow for as much ‘contact-free' travel as possible. This include:
- Observing social distancing and using hand sanitisers that are placed throughout airports
- Wearing a facemask at all times and bringing enough to replace the masks every four hours for longer flights.
- Cabin crew wearing PPE and a new food service, which reduces the number of interactions required with customers
- Asking customers to ensure they have everything they need from their hand luggage before departure, and where possible, storing their carry-on bag under the seat in front of them
- Providing customers with a personal protection pack including a sealable disposal bag, hand sanitising gel and an antibacterial wipe.
Book over at ba.com