Although I have never written about Amazon Business on my blog, there is a good promotion for first time business buyers, whether you are representing a company or yourself as a sole trader. You do not even need to have a VAT registration if your country of business does not require you to register! If you have multiple companies then you can sign each one up for a voucher to take full advantage.
You must opt in for the marketing emails until you receive the promotional code which allows you to receive the 50% discount. This is very important because you will not receive your code if you do not opt in.
After you get the code you can choose whether to remain in their marketing list or not. To redeem your voucher the first payment will need to be with a gift card or with debit/credit card – just not by invoice!
The offer applies to most of the local Amazon sites around Europe. UK, France, Italy, Spain. Although Amazon Germany does also have its own Amazon Business site, their promotion has expired. Instead I recommend you register your German business in the UK‘s page as the registration is EU-wide, and also check this article about how to use the EU Reverse Charge Mechanism on Amazon to order your supplies at 0% VAT.
Don't worry that you do not see the promotion being mentioned on the respective landing pages. Amazon will send you the promotion code as long as you use these Points to be Made referral links. All of these local Amazon sites are able to deliver to any address within the EU so select the one that is closest to you.
Below are the promotion's terms and conditions. I have taken the UK version but any mention of UK or Amazon.co.uk should be interpreted to also mean the other countries' sites.
Amazon Business Promotion – Terms and Conditions
- Valid only for new Amazon Business customers via selected partner channels.
- Promotional Code will be received via email 3 days post-verification.
- One redemption per business account only.
- This offer is not eligible on Amazon Business accounts using Shared Payments or Pay By Invoice.
- The offer only applies to items sold by Amazon at the website www.amazon.co.uk [or local equivalent]. The offer does not apply to purchases made from Amazon's Warehouse Deals or from third-party sellers on Amazon Marketplace, even if “fulfilled by Amazon” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Postage and packing will be applied to each item in accordance with Amazon's standard delivery rates and policies.
- The offer only applies if the same delivery speed is selected for all Qualifying Items, as applicable. Please check the “Delivery Details” section during checkout to confirm that all Qualifying Items have the same delivery speed.
- The promotional code can only be used up to a maximum of £50.00 saving. [note other Amazon European sites is maximum €50 saving]
- If you have applied a promotional code to your account but have not completed checkout of a relevant order, the code does not need to be re-entered when completing checkout for another order that qualifies for the same offer.
- If your order value exceeds the value of the promotional code or promotional reward, you must pay the balance either by credit or debit card, or by using Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards. Unlike Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards, you will not be able to view any unused promotional codes or promotional rewards in the Your Account section of www.amazon.co.uk.
- Promotional codes and promotional rewards have no cash redemption value and are not transferable or assignable.
- If you place an order using a promotional reward and then return that order, the promotional reward cannot be refunded or re-used.
- If you place an order using a promotional code and then return or cancel that order, the promotional code cannot be refunded or re-used.
- Unless otherwise specified on the landing page of the offer or by Amazon:
(i) promotional codes or promotional rewards cannot be used on existing orders; and
(ii) only one promotional code or promotional reward can be redeemed per order.
Promotional codes and promotional rewards cannot be used to purchase Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards, items sold by third party Sellers (including Warehouse Deals), digital products, baby and infant formula, against delivery costs, or against gift wrapping costs.
- The offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended without notice. The offer has no cash alternative.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Amazon's Conditions of Use & Sale apply.
And don't forget after you activate your new Amazon Business account, or if you have never used it on your personal account, you can still sign up for a free Amazon Prime trial in any of those Amazon local sites. Use the same link and at the top there should be a “30 day free Amazon Prime” banner near the top to activate it.